BATH ACADEMY’S NEW RESIDENTIAL JUNIOR SUMMER SCHOOL @ MILTON ABBEY
Set in the heart of the beautiful English countryside in spectacular grounds with extensive facilities. Join us for a summer of fun from 8 July to 22 July 2018!!
Bath Academy has a NEW and additional Junior Summer School, which is a fully residential campus in the countryside.
Milton Abbey is in a wooded Dorset Valley an hour and a half from Bath. It is a historical boarding school which provides the perfect self-contained environment for young students to study English and experience another side of English life away from the city.
Nearby, the bustling towns of Blandford and Dorchester are beautiful places to visit, while the coastal towns of Poole, Weymouth and Bournemouth offer even more activities for excursions.
We welcome students from all over the world, including both individuals and groups. Aimed at 9-16 year olds, classes have a maximum of 13 students per class, and all our teachers are fully qualified English Language teaching professionals, vetted according to British Council and UK standards.
Lessons and full board residential accommodation is included in the price. You can find out about fees here. There is the option to combine Milton Abbey Residential Junior Summer School with our Bath Academy of English Junior Summer School to extend study duration – find out more information here.
Lessons and excursions consist of:
- 3 hours of general English each morning
- Placement testing & welcome pack
- Interactive classes based on current, trending topics
- Language skills workshop
- Mini-projects, debates, and drama skills
- Diverse mix of nationalities
- Course length: 1 or 2 weeks
- One full-day and one half-day excursion each week
- Action-packed afternoon sports and activities programme
- Full evening entertainment programme
- Certificate and personalised report at end of course
The residential accommodation in the boarding houses is of high standard, located only a short walk from the classrooms and all available facilities on campus.
- Rooms for 1, 2 or 3 sharing are available
- Each floor is equipped with a kitchen and common room to relax in
- Full board accommodation with a varied choice of 3 hot meals per day served in the 15th century dining hall.
- Small café/food shop onsite
- The stunning and spacious surroundings of Milton Abbey offer space, yet also safety and security in a contained setting. Great care is taken to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students, and for this reason there is very robust safeguarding procedures.
- Extremely safe campus with security at all times
- Excellent student to staff ratio (average 1:10)
- All staff are DBS-checked and trained in welfare and safeguarding issues
- Regular meetings with group leaders to ensure safety of students
- It’s a Knockout
- University Challenge
- Lip-sync night
- Nature walk
- Mini olympics
- Treasure hunt
- Film night
- Sunset by the seaside
- Mary Rose/HMS Victory
- Splashdown Water Park
- Durdle Door
- Lulworth Cove
There are many sports and activities at Milton Abbey, such as:
Apply to study at Bath Academy’s Residential Junior Summer School at Milton Abbey here.