Junior Summer Schools
About our Summer Schools
Bath Academy of English’s well-established Junior Summer School is the perfect environment for teenagers to study English in a caring and fun atmosphere. Lessons focus on providing maximum time to practice speaking skills and enhance vocabulary based on topics all linked to the accompanying social programme.
You can choose to stay for 1, 2 or 3 weeks!
You can also choose our new Residential Summer School, which includes full-board catering and accommodation at the prestigious University of Bath, just minutes away from the city itself.
We also have a Residential Junior Summer School @ Milton Abbey which runs for 2 weeks, from 8 July to 22 July 2018. You can find out about this here. Exclusively for 9 to 16 year olds it is set in the heart of the beautiful English countryside in spectacular grounds with extensive facilities. Join us for a summer of fun!!
To see an example timetable please click: Junior Summer School Timetable
Practice your English through fun and stimulating activities
Practice your English through fun activities
Fun and stimulating activities programme
Meet new international friends
Stay with native speaker host families or with your new friends!
- 12-16 Years of age*
- 15 hours of lesson time
- Unforgettable activities each afternoon/evening
- One half day excursion per week
- One full day excursion on each Saturday (optional excursion on Sundays)
- Home stay or residential accommodation
Please look at our SUMMER SCHOOL PAMPHLET 2018
* 17 year olds are accepted and may join the adult classes combined with the junior social programme. Milton Abbey accepts 9-16 year olds.
Why choose one of our Summer Schools?
- Maximum class size of 13
- Mini progress test each week
- Placement test on arrival
- All course materials and a student’s handbook (including information about classes, visits and advice for your stay) are provided
- End of course certificate and personalised report
- Staff to Student ratio is less than 1:15